Monday, October 6, 2008

Boo!!!

I am always on the lookout for a cheap and easy project and I think I have found the next, best thing. I ran across these "spooktacular" little ghosts and Samuel and I will be making them next week. I will be on the lookout for LED tea lights, as I have heard that they are a must have (especially with small children)!

What you need...balloons, cheesecloth, Elmer's glue, black felt

Here is how you do it...
  • Blow up a few balloons in various sizes.
  • Mix equal parts water and glue (I'm not sure of the exact amount).
  • Soak the cheesecloth (cut up to the sizes you want) in the mixture, then lay them over the balloons.
  • Leave about a day until they are very hard. Then you can pop the balloons and peel them off.
  • Use the black felt to cut out different faces. In the end, each ghost will end up only costing you pennies, especially since you probably have some Elmers laying around!

No comments:

 

Made by Lena